Wednesday, December 16, 2009

When plans change...

So....I was going to make a chicken casarole for company on Tuesday night but one of the guests requested stuffed shells and I thought..Hmm that sounds so yummy again. So I took my happy self to the store and got the stuff I didnt have... So now what do I do with all this chicken that is thawled. Well I made chicken noodle soup for the first time EVER..lol and then I googled chedder cheese soup cause I got a few cans of it at a local discount store and I found a chicken recipe...and here is what is in my crock pot as I type.

cheesy chicken
This is for the slow cooker

Ingredients
1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breast
1 can healthy request cream of mushroom soup (campbells)
1 can campbells cheddar cheese soup
1 box of ronzoni whole wheat penne or rotini pasta
1 cup kraft 2% mexican four cheese blend
1/2 cup fat free milk

Directions
place chicken breast in slow cooker. Season with Mrs. Dash.

mix together both soups and milk and pour over chicken.

Cook on high for 4 -6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.

Use fork and shred chicken. Cook pasta according to package directions.

Mix shredded cheese and pasta in with chicken well and serve.

Number of Servings:6

Im so excited to have this for dinner. Hubby will be so suprised! HECK Im suprised I accoplished so much this morning already.

Now I am very upset about something that is going on here and it is going to CHANGE NOW! I cleaned out the fridge and came out with a grocery bag full of trash...NOT COOL!!! We can not waste so much this is sad...so many people dont have food and there I took a bag ...A BAG of food out to the trash! NOT COOL and NOT happening again! We are changing our ways starting today. Pray for my family as we make these simple yet necisarry changes!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Jeanne!

    I love to make a chicken salad (which you can check out on my blog) that you shred the chicken and put lowfat yogurt and some fruit in for a GREAT salad. Just thought I would let you know about it! I don't shred the chicken by hand, I use a kitchen product that you mix everything together...you may like it. I can't wait to try your recipe! ;O) email me at thecrazycrabb@yahoo.com and I can give you some suggestions on how to keep the food in your fridge fresh for a much longer time!

    ReplyDelete