Monday, December 7, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Menu Plan Monday Pictures, Images and Photos

Greetings and Welcome to my Blog. Im not the best speller or the best prochecker so please bare with me as I go on my blogging journy. I am a FULL time stay at home my and I love it. I have just started the path to green living and am enjoying most of it. I say most of it because we have given up using our dryer...and some days...like today it would be awesome to have a dryer. It broke 4 mths ago and Hubby just doesnt have the time to get it fixed..ehmmm..or so he says. I must say that I am please with our electric bill these past few mths. Its been $55.00 for 3 mths now and thats awesome. I do know that it is about to go up. We have a space heater in our upstairs bathroom since our Corn stove does not seem to reach all the way up there to heat it. My son is loving not having a dryer because he doesnt have to switch over the laundry any more..LOL..Now Im not loving hanging the wash out in the cold. BUT...we are saving money and helping with the enviroment all at the same time. Another way I have cut costs a little is we dont use plastic sandwich bags anymore. We have cloth ones that close with velcro that my MIL made for us. She is an awesome sewer. Alright now about me...I have a touch of OCD. I need things in my life to always be the same...hubby was in the hospital last mth for 3 days with swine flu and I had a nice break down of my emotions and the stress I felt was unbeleiveable. But he is better and I am still working on getting things in order again. I also baby sit part time to help out with the groceries and gas that we need....I love the family that I am working for now. There little one that I keep is good and easy to get along with. OK enough of that for now and onto my Menu Plan for this week ahead of us...

M- Left over meat balls and mac n cheese with peas
T- Baked Chicken, scalloped potatos and green beans
W- Grilled Cheese and soup
Th-Hamloaf, mashed potatos and creamed corn
F- Chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries and baby carrots with dop
S- L- Sandwiches and chips D-Sausage,potatos and corn
Su-MILs side gets together for Christmas I need a hot dish and for that I am torn between corn pie or green bean casarole and for the cold dish I am making a spice cake....and all of those things I have on hand so I wont need to go to the store at all this week for groceries.

Im hopeing to only have to spend a few dollars at the store for next week and that will be lunch type stuff and veggies for a salad and tacos.

For more helpful ideas and just an overall great site that I love you can check out Menu Plan Monday at http://orgjunkie.com/.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I too am a proud SAHM...and I found you through orgjunkie.com. I love that site, and I have only been following it for like a week! I need the organization in my life right now! I look forward to reading your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog world! I think you will find lots to enjoy...great hints for economical savings and tons of super recipes. I host a weekly blog event called Crock Pot Wednesdays and would love for you to join me for that. Come check that out.

    ReplyDelete